What’s So Significant to Know for Computer Science Students?
Do you want to create a new computer game, a new social networking site like Facebook or a high-tech program for the secret agency of your country? Do you wish to build your career as an IT consultant, technical or assignment writers, multimedia programmer, systems analyst or database administrator? If yes, you can actually do all such wonders by studying computer science. Isn’t it exciting?
Popular Personalities Who Studied Computer Science
In the last few decades, many new faces appeared in the sky of the world and most of them studied computer science. For example:
- Jimmy Fallon (American comedian)
- Marissa Ann Mayer (former president and CEO of Yahoo)
- Larry Page (founding CEO of Google)
- Wilmot Reed Hastings Jr (co-founder & CEO of Netflix)
- Mark Zuckerberg (CEO of Facebook)
- And many others
What’s the Hard Part of Computer Science?
Computer science is experiencing constant evolution and creating unlimited opportunities for young people. Therefore, a huge number of students are getting attracted towards this program especially because of high-paid jobs. In consequence, the demand for this program is increasing every year both on local and international universities. Additionally, the CS professors are also in great demand these days who ask for high pays for their services.
On the other hand, the top talent from CS academia is immediately grabbed by the tech industry. Thus a vacuum is being created for good CS Professors which has narrowed down the path of success for new students. Besides, some sort of discrimination has also been observed, for an instant, limited admissions of female students in many countries.
What Every Computer Science Major Should Know to Ensure a Successful Career?
The constant evolution in the field has made it quite difficult to differentiate between the right and wrong steps for the future. So in this part, we will try to point out a few very important points which you should know to lay down a successful career path.
1: Create an Impressive Portfolio from the Beginning
After completing your major, your next target would be a high-paid job and an impressive portfolio would increase your chances. So start building it right from the beginning of your CS studies:
- Create a kind of personal blog
- Post your projects and accomplishments frequently
- Submit every page on Google search console to make it searchable
- Make sure people read your blogs and personal experiences
- Use social media especially LinkedIn to increase your interaction
2: Develop Analytical and Decision Making Skills
Computer science is like engineering and therefore students, as well as professionals, must behave like engineers:
- You should develop great analytical skills because your analysis would help you make the right decisions.
- Once you have decision-making capabilities, you would be more confident in whatever you do.
- As a computer scientist, your decision would make a big difference in your company’s success.
- When you make a decision on the basis of your analysis, you must have the courage to take responsibility for the results.
Understanding Programming Languages and Environments
A programming language is basically a combination of codes which are used to give instructions to a computer device. These codes and keywords are designed to perform a variety of tasks and due to constant upgrades, one must keep himself updated. The experts of essay help believe that the most effective way to keep you up-to-date is to excel in various languages.
In most of the cases, one or two languages would play a major role in your career but it is always good to learn other important languages as well. Some of the most important languages are:
- Objective – C
- Standard ML
Some Common Mistakes Made by Programmers in Academia
Making mistakes in programming is quite common especially during academia. However, one must know that even a simple mistake could bring drastic results. Therefore, one must avoid mistakes as much as possible. Some of the most common mistakes made by programmers are as follow:
- Lack of Project File: Sometimes, they don’t create a proper project report and they realize their mistake when they need to overview codes or resolve issues.
- Messy Codes Everywhere: Most of them don’t encapsulate codes in a proper manner and spread over the codes all over the file. Besides, they ignore the use of a database for storing constantly use data.
- Ignore User Interface: Many of them give much importance to develop neat coding but ignore user interface and experience.
- Improper Use of Names: They use poor names for different sets of codes which sometimes mix up similar variations.
- Excessive Integration of Libraries: If there is a problem, it must be solved instead of covering it with a library without digging out the causes.
If you have decided to study computer science or already studying it, you need to reconsider the above discussion. The concise answers to why to study CS, what’s so difficult about it and what to do from the beginning would help you build a high-status career ahead.
Sam Morris is a UK based writer who covers social media, technology, and education especially computer science. Besides, he also provides help with essay writers, articles and press releases through his blogs. He earned a degree in computer science from a well reputed University in the UK.